Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 1, 2012

Authentic Italian Creamy Tomato Sauce



My sweet cousin, Lia, brought us dinner the other night when I was supposed to be a "woman of leisure." Lia served an LDS mission in Italy, so she recognized good pasta and boy did this dish knock our socks off. It was truly divine, not only to not have to make dinner, but honestly it was some of the best pasta I've ever eaten. The fresh basil was tremendously delicious. You've got to try this! Enjoy!

{She recommends cutting the recipe in half since it makes a ton!}

{AUTHENTIC ITALIAN CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE}
print this


2 T. olive oil
1 T. butter
1 tsp. basil
Dash crushed red chili pepper
3 med. onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
Dash salt
3  (29-oz.) cans tomato sauce
7 oz. Gouda cheese
1 pint heavy cream
Pasta for 10 servings, cooked
Parmesan cheese, grated

In olive oil and butter, sauté basil, chili pepper, onion, garlic, and salt until onion is tender. Add tomato sauce and cook until flavors combine (at least 20 minutes, but the longer the better). Add Gouda cheese and stir until melted. Add heavy cream and remove from heat (cream should not be cooked). Serve over pasta and top with Parmesan cheese. Makes 10 servings.
Pin It!