Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

April 5, 2012

Easter Treat: Rice Krispie Bird's Nest


This is great for little kids, but I've got to be honest, they taste pretty darn good too! But I'm kind of a sucker for rice krispie treats. 


We made this today with our little joy school group. The kids were so excited putting the grass on and the eggs. They were adorable. 

Enjoy!

{RICE KRISPIE BIRD'S NEST}

1/4 c. butter or margarine
1 (10.5 oz) bag mini marshmallows
6 c. Cocoa Rice Krispies (I usually do less, because I like them gooey)
Frosting (make your life easier by just using canned)
Shredded Coconut
Green food coloring
Jelly Beans  

In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter for 30 seconds. Add marshmallows and stir until they are coated in the melted butter. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until marshmallows and butter are melted and fully incorporated.

Form rice krispie treats into muffin pan. After they sit for a few minutes, go back and push down the centers to form a bowl shape for the nest.

In a small mixing bowl, stir the green food coloring into the shredded coconut to color it green. 

Put a dab of frosting in the bowl of the nests. This acts as a "glue" to keep the grass in place. Sprinkle the green coconut (grass), on top of the frosting.  Finish with jelly beans for the eggs.

Pin It!

No comments: