Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

April 2, 2012

Creamy Ravioli & Spinach Soup {CROCK POT}

 

I'm running out of time to post soup recipes while we're still experiencing winter weather. It's been such a mild winter here, but I know from the past {almost} 30 years {yikes!} that we will get more snow here in Utah before we're through. So keep this soup recipe handy for the next cold evening!

This was such a sophisticated and elegant soup. If you can really say that about soup. I guess I just did. I absolutely loved it and would have happily paid full price for it at a restaurant. Lucky for me, I didn't have to. Plus, I got to eat it for a few days in a row!

It was also divine with this side dish. Let me tell you about this. No doubt you've had bread with oil & vinegar. But not like this...This is Costco's Rosemary herb bread. And the dip is Basil Olive Oil and Fig Balsamic Vinegar with grated Romano cheese. Holy smokes!! Talk about flavor overload. It was the BEST version of bread and oil, I've EVER EVER EVER had.


So where do you get these flavors of oil & vinegar? Well, it was a gift to us, but the wise gift-givers got it from the Mountain Town Olive Oil Company. I have yet to go in there, but once we're out of these bottles, you can bet I'll be making a trip there to refill. Divine!

Enjoy!

{CREAMY RAVIOLI & SPINACH SOUP}
print this
1 envelope alfredo sauce mix
4 c. water
1 (14.oz) can vegetable broth
1 1/2 c. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c. onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 (10 oz.) pkg frozen cheese ravioli (the original recipe called for tortellini, but I had a hard time finding it)
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
6 c. fresh baby spinach leaves
Ground black pepper
Finely shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese

Place dry white sauce mix in a 4 quart slow cooker. Gradually add the water to the white sauce mix, stirring until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2 1/2 hours. Stir in ravioli. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour more or high for 45 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk and fresh spinach. Sprinkle individual servings with black pepper and shredded Romano cheese.

Source: www.bhg.com
Pin It!

No comments: