Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

March 15, 2012

Blueberry Lemon Zest Breakfast Cake



Delicious. I'm obviously liking breads and cakes based off the previously posts. But this one is the best, actually. It's title implies it's for breakfast and that's when we ate it. But really it's sweet enough for dessert. It was so yummy and moist with a little sugar crunch crust on top. 


You'll love it. 

Enjoy!

{BLUEBERRY LEMON ZEST BREAKFAST CAKE}
½ c. unsalted butter, room temperature
Zest from 1 large lemon
3/4 c. + 2 T. sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen
½ c. buttermilk
1 T. sugar for sprinkling on top

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cream butter with lemon zest and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour (which will help them not run in the batter. Whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the batter a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk. Fold in the blueberries.

Grease a 9-inch square baking pan. Spread batter into pan. Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of sugar. Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.

Pin It!

No comments: