Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

February 2, 2012

Sugar Cookie Bars


I'm a sucker for sugar cookies. Every time I see one, my mouth starts to water. But at the same time, I'm kind of picky with what sugar cookies really are good. The HAVE to be soft and chewy. The hard and dry variety, are just not going to cut it.

My recipe for the BEST sugar cookies, really is the best as far as I'm concerned. But let's be honest, sugar cookies take time to roll out, punch out, cook in batches, and finally frost individually. So, this week I was craving sugar cookies and found this sugar cookie BAR recipe. It's quick and easy and you'll be eating them in no time. The hardest part is waiting for the pan to cool before frosting. 


I made these specially for my sister-in-law, Tiffany (oh, and my brother, Adam too), who just had their FIRST baby....a girl. She will be my little girl-to-be's best bud. Their sweet little newborn is adorable with a full head of black hair. Good work you guys! You just need to have 12 more of those sweet babies. Just Kidding!

Enjoy!

{SUGAR COOKIE BARS}

1 1/2 c. sugar 
1 c. butter, room temperature 
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature 
1 egg 
2 tsp. vanilla extract 
2 1/2 c. flour 
1/2 tsp. baking soda 
1 tsp. baking powder

 

Preheat oven to 350°.Spray 15x10 inch jelly roll pan with cooking spray (I seriously got out my tape measure to make sure I had the right pan, you don't want them to be too thin and this is NOT the big cookie sheet size). In your mixer cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together. Add in egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated. With mixer on low, add in your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until just combined. Press the STICKY dough evenly into your prepared pan.Bake for 20 minutes until edges begin to golden. Cool completely before frosting.

 

FROSTING  
1/2 c. butter 
1/4 c. milk 
16 oz. powdered sugar 
1/2 tsp. salt 
1 tsp. vanilla
Adjust milk and powdered sugar to get to desired consistency.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Tiff Meister said...

I'm the sister in law she made these for and let me tell ya, I've been craving them ever since. I think I just might make them for valentines day. :) Thanks again Aly.