Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

February 17, 2012

Basmati Rice & Corn Salad


I'm really surprised I haven't posted this yet. But I guess I haven't made it for a while. Which is a bummer! We love this salad. I found it by accident in the little booklet that came with our rice cooker. It's really delicious! We had it last night, served with BBQ chicken. Yum! It would taste wonderful hot or cold.

Enjoy!

{BASMATI RICE & CORN SALAD}

1 c. basmati rice
1 ¾ c. water
½ tsp. salt
2 c. fresh or frozen corn kernels
2 T. red wine vinegar
1 T. Dijon mustard
1/3 c. olive oil
½ c. crumbled cooked bacon
5-6 green onions, thinly sliced
Salt & Pepper

Add rice, water and salt to rice cooker. Soak rice for 15 minutes before turning on cooker. Cover and cook rice until done. Stir in corn, re-cover, and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Pour rice and corn into a large bowl and fluff with fork.

In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and mustard, add olive oil and whisk well. Pour dressing over rice and toss to combine. Add bacon, onions, and Salt and Pepper to taste.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

This sounds amazing!