Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

February 27, 2012

Banana Coconut Bread with Lime Glaze


Our little family definitely doesn't "go bananas" for bananas. I don't know what it is. But none of us really like them. 

I think, for me, it a texture thing. Plus, I grew up on the "BRAT" diet when you had an upset stomach. I still do this for my little guy. So maybe that's why he doesn't like them either. Anyway, the theory is that when you have an upset stomach or recovering from the stomach flu, you only eat, Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, or Toast.

But one thing we DO love is banana bread. I tried this new recipe because of the idea of a lime glaze. Mmm, and my inkling was correct! The lime glaze is divine. However, I think next time I'll skip the coconut. It wasn't necessary and my little guy wouldn't eat the bread because of it. 

Tell me what you think. Enjoy!

{BANANA COCONUT BREAD WITH LIME GLAZE}
2 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 c. plain low-fat yogurt
3 T. apple juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. + 1 T. sweetened coconut, flaked
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 T. lime juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Place sugar and butter in a large bowl and beat with a mixer for 1 minute. Add eggs and beat well. Add bananas, yogurt, apple juice, and vanilla; beat until blended. Add flour mixture and beat just until moist. Stir in 1/2 c. coconut. Pour into a greased loaf pan. Sprinkle with 1 T. coconut. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes. Combine powdered sugar and lime juice and drizzle over warm bread.
Pin It!

1 comment:

The Baker said...

You should try pineapple rather than coconut....sounds so tasty!