Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

January 17, 2012

Walnut Craisin Salad - My new favorite salad



When I was pregnant with my son, I craved Cheetos and red grapes. I have yet to purchase a bag of either since getting pregnant with this wee one. Yuck! 

But what I HAVE been craving is salads. And it always changes what TYPE of salad. One night I was crying at 10pm because I was craving Olive Garden's salad and it was too late to get one. Silly pregnancy hormones.

But this is my new favorite salad. I think I've had it every day for the past 10 days, lunch and/or dinner. It's so simple and YUM YUM YUMMY! I just keep a bowl of cut lettuce and then when I want a salad I mix in the ingredients. So easy.

I hope you enjoy!

{WALNUT CRAISIN SALAD}

1 head Romaine heart lettuce (spinach would be delish mixed in or as a substitute too!)
1/2 c. Craisins
1/2 c. Walnuts, whole (these would be yummy if you wanted to "candy" them, but I want to save on time & calories) 
1/4 c. Romano cheese, freshly grated 
Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing

Toss salad ingredients together and top with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.  

Pin It!

1 comment:

Courtney Taylor said...

They now sell Olive Garden dressing, so you can now have an Olive Garden salad anytime of the day or night! All you need are the ingredients they put in their salads. We did a mock Olive Garden salad with the dressing and it tasted almost the same!