Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

August 24, 2011

Fried Zucchini Cakes or Critters


Our garden gave birth to a monster of a zucchini this year. I'm really wishing we would have entered it into some obscure county fair somewhere. Instead, part of it sits in my belly--thanks to these delicious fried zucchini critters. And the rest of it sits in my fridge taunting me every time I open the door. 

"Make something delicious with me."

Well, these little cakes are so yummy! They strangely reminded me of crab cakes because of the texture. But they are MUCH friendlier on your pocketbook. And I have to agree that the best way to eat them is with a dip of Ranch dressing.

I got this recipe from one of my new favorite food blogs, Real Mom Kitchen. I even got to chat with Laura at Costco for a minute when she was doing her book signing (which, I recommend!). She adorable. And her recipes are simple and delicious. Just the way I like it. Thanks Laura!

Enjoy!

{FRIED ZUCCHINI CAKES OR CRITTERS}
2 c. zucchini, shredded
½ c. seasoned bread crumbs
¼ c. cheese, shredded (your favorite type, the zucchini doesn't mind)
½ T. garlic, minced
1 egg
Salt & Pepper
Olive oil
Ranch Dressing 

Put the zucchini in a thin dish towel and squeeze out the excess liquid. In a large bowl, mix the zucchini, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, egg and little salt and pepper. Shape into patties. Place in a fry pan coated with a generous amount of olive oil on medium heat. Cook for approximately 2 min on each side or until golden brown. Serve with ranch dressing.
Makes approx 5 good sized patties.

Pin It!

No comments: