Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

July 29, 2011

Black Bean Burgers


Remember the ward cookbook I was talking about? This is another winner from that book. This came from a girl that is super-model thin and absolutely adorable. So I thought I'd give it a try. 

My son didn't even blink and eye...he just thought it was a regular "hambugler." I was tempted to see if my husband would notice, but let's be honest I can't keep secrets. But we both loved it. It was super fast, super cheap, and super healthy. This will definitely be a regular, last-minute meal. 

I'd love to mess around with the seasonings and toppings. Let me know if you try this and put a spin on it and I'll share your ideas.

Enjoy!


{BLACK BEAN BURGERS}
1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 c. crushed saltine crackers (or similar cracker)
1 egg, beaten
1/4 c. cornmeal
2 T. oil

The makings:
Burger buns
Mayo
Mustard
Tomato
Avocado
Salsa

Place beans in a food processor. Cover and process until slightly mashed. Remove from food processor and mix in crackers and egg. Shape mixture into 4 or 5 patties, each about 1/2 inch thick. Coat each patty with cornmeal. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and cook patties about 10 minutes, turning once, until crisp and thoroughly cooked on both sides. Place on toasted buns and add the toppings of your choice.
Pin It!

No comments: