Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

June 9, 2011

Bacon & Pea Pasta Salad


If you haven't noticed by now, I love bacon and I love peas. Put them together and I'm a happy woman. So, that's what I did. I made this one up. Aren't you so very impressed?  Now, if only I could come up with a more creative name for it! Post some suggestions in the comments.

Delicious. Enjoy!


{BACON & PEA PASTA SALAD}
6 oz. Farfalle pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
1 c. frozen peas, thawed
3 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
2/3 c. chopped green onion
1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded (or whatever cheese you have on hand)
¼ c. mayonnaise
¼ c. salad dressing (miracle whip)
1 tsp. sugar 
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
In a large bowl, toss the pasta, peas, bacon, green onion and cheese together. In a separate small bowl, mix together: mayo, salad dressing, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix dressing into pasta mixture. Serve immediately.
Pin It!

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

This sounds so yummy. I love love love bacon and peas together too... I totally thought I was the only one. The ingredients in this are really similar to a layered salad that I make and love. Can't wait to try it!

italian restaurant said...

wow! looks so delicious. i will surely try this at home with my kids. They will surely love this since they are into pasta dishes. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!