Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 27, 2011

Ultimate Tuna Pasta Salad - perfect for BBQ's!


Have I mentioned I'm getting anxious for BBQ season? It's my favorite time of year! As far as tuna salads and potato salads go, I'm actually pretty picky. I WILL NOT eat store-bought stuff. Sick. It's one of those things my mom spoiled us with. She is such a great cook, I just can't do the other store-bought stuff. 

This is a fantastic version of tuna pasta salad. It reminds me so much of the pasta salad my Grandma used to make. That was my FAVORITE part of family get-togethers. Wait, besides seeing family members, right? Anyway, her salad is legendary. Soon enough this will be too!

I can't wait to contribute this to a BBQ. Enjoy!


{TUNA PASTA SALAD}
8-oz. package ditalini pasta
1 (6-oz.) can tuna, drained and flaked
1/2 c. mayo
1/3 c. onion, minced
1/4 c. dill pickle relish
1/4 c. diced pimiento
3/4 c. frozen peas, thawed and drained
1 T. prepared mustard
1/2 tsp. salt (more or less according to taste)
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. white sugar

Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss lightly; cover and refrigerate.
Note: This would taste great with cubed sharp cheddar cheese.


Pin It!

No comments: