Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 4, 2011

Crazy Chocolate Cupcakes {no egg cake recipe}



This cake is crazy because....well, because it's crazy good. 

My mother-in-law found this recipe after they discovered my father-in-law needed to watch his cholesterol. Having no eggs in it makes it a the perfect treat for that! 

However, I keep making it because I truly believe it's better than any cake recipe I've tried. Who needs eggs anyway, right? And the hint of almond and rum, makes it completely divine.

Usually we make it into a sheet cake, but I've made it into cupcakes TWICE in the past 4 days. Don't worry one batch was for a baby shower and the other for my bookclub. But I still can't resist these things! I think that's why I just ate TWO for breakfast this morning. 

Yep, that just happened. Enjoy!


{CRAZY CHOCOLATE CAKE OR CUPCAKES}
click here for a printable version of this recipe
3 c. flour
2 c. sugar
6 T. cocoa
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
¾ c. oil
2 tsp. white vinegar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. almond extract
Few drops rum extract
2 c. cold water

In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, cocoa, soda and salt. In a separate small bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, vanilla, almond extract, rum extract and cold water. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until completely incorporated, but don't over mix! Pour into greased 9x13 pan or cupcake liners. 
Bake at 350 degrees: 30-40 minutes for 9x13 or 25 minutes for cupcakes. Top with cream cheese frosting (see below).


Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cubes butter (12 T.), room temperature
1/2 T. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powder sugar
Cream the cheese and butter together on low speed with a mixer.  Scrape the bowl. Add lemon juice and vanilla. Mix together. Add powder sugar on low until incorporated.  Mix on med-high for 3 minutes to make the frosting a bit lighter. Chill for 1/2 hour to stiffen up before using.


Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Made the cake version of this for a co-workers birthday... Everyone wanted copy of recipe. VERY moist and icing perfect.