Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

April 4, 2011

Quick & Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu


When I was little, I mean like 5-10 years old. Everytime someone would ask what my favorite food was, I'd say, "Chicken Cordon Bleu." They'd always laugh and wonder how I even knew what that was. And why wasn't I saying things like chocolate chip cookies, hot dogs, or mac and cheese? All I have to say is, "Thanks, Mom."

The other day I was really craving some, but I had very limited time to make dinner. I remembered my wise sister-in-law telling me she made a version of chicken cordon bleu similar to this. So I tried it and it was QUICK, and EASY, and oh so good. I'm not sure I'll ever roll my chicken cordon bleu again....well I better not make absolute promises here. But none-the-less, enjoy!

{QUICK & EASY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU}
4 slices ham (try 2 or 3 each, if they're thin pieces of ham)
4 slices of swiss cheese (swiss really does make this dish great!)
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray casserole dish with cooking oil. Place chicken breasts in dish. Lay pieces of ham on each chicken, then top with a slice of swiss. Season each with salt and pepper. You can secure each chicken breast with a toothpick to make sure the ham and cheese don't slide around while cooking. Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees. Serve with "the sauce" (below).

The Sauce
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream
1/4 c. lemon juice

Mix all ingredients together in a small saucepan. Each over medium heat until warmed and mixed thoroughly.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Lizi Bates said...

I made this for dinner yesterday...SO fast and easy and yummy too! Thanks for sharing. I love your foodie blog!