Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

April 15, 2011

Oatmeal Pecan Streusel Muffins


My favorite breakfasts are those that put me in a sugar coma for the rest of the morning. Something like  Pecan Stuffed French ToastSticky Buns, or Cap'n Crunch cereal. 

However, with that said, I've come to learn that I feel better when I eat something healthier like Pecan Oatmeal, or a Veggie Egg Casserole.

Well, these muffins meet me in the middle. They are a hearty muffin with a little bit of sweetness, but not too much. My husband really liked them. I did too, I just ended up smothering butter and cinnamon-sugar on them! Why do I not way as much as an elephant by now? This is a very valid question. 

Enjoy!


{OATMEAL PECAN STREUSEL MUFFINS}
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
2 eggs
3/4 c. butter, melted
3 1/4 c. flour
1 c. brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk buttermilk and eggs together, stir in melted butter. In a medium bowl, stir flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to wet buttermilk/egg mixture and stir until just moistened. Scoop batter into muffin tins.

Streusel:
3 T. butter
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. rolled oats
1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. pecans, chopped
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Combine all streusel ingredients in food processor; pulse until coarse and crumbly. Sprinkle on top of muffins. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from pan and cool.
Pin It!

No comments: