Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

April 2, 2011

Delicious Fruit Trifle



I know this is a repost from a year ago. But I was just dreaming of this trifle and wishing it was in my mouth right now. So delicious! Let me know if you try it with different fruits. Yum!



DELICIOUS FRUIT TRIFLE

12-oz whip cream (I prefer to whip my own, it tastes SO much better, but you can cheat and use the frozen whipped topping stuff...just don't invite me over...just kidding!)
1 c. sour cream
1 (9 inch) angel food cake (ok, I did cheat and used the store bought variety)
1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
3 bananas, peeled and sliced
1 (15-oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
   
In a medium bowl, fold sour cream and unprepared pudding mix into the whipped topping. Cut the cake into 1-inch pieces.  Place 1/2 of cake in bottom of bowl, top with 1/2 of bananas, pineapple, and strawberries. Top with 1/2 of whipped topping mixture. Repeat layering until all ingredients are used. 

I did two layers, but this will depend on what size bowl you use. I know I don't have to say it, but I will just in case. If you are using a smaller dish than I used, you may do 3 layers, in which case you'll use a 1/3 of each ingredient on each layer. Got it? 

Make fan garnishes of whole strawberries by slicing from just below the stem and fan out. I cut the green part off, but you could leave it on as well.  Garnish assembled trifle with fanned strawberries. 

Now, I decorated with the bananas and pineapple too. But beware, because after it sat in the fridge the bananas on top went a little brown and it wasn't so pretty. I probably wouldn't do that again unless I was serving right away. BUT it tastes better if it's cold. 

Play around with different fruits too. The recipe I found suggested kiwi. But they make my mouth itch, which never is a good sign. 

Pin It!

No comments: