Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

April 18, 2011

Curry Chowder


I've mentioned this before. But, I'm still on the hunt for a "perfect" curry recipe. My husband doesn't claim to have "favorite" of anything. But I'm really starting to believe he likes Thai food best. That's where he's always wanting to go out to eat, these days. 

Being the totally awesome and supportive wife that I am (mmm hm), I want to try to MAKE him some yummy curry. So, pass me those authentic recipes, people!

This soup, however, was QUITE tasty. And it made a lot for our little family. So we ended up freezing half and eating it again a few weeks later. Which is great for those insanely busy nights that happen OFTEN around here these days. 

Let me know if you try it. Enjoy!


{CURRY CHOWDER}
4-5 medium size potatoes, peeled and diced small
3 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 (15-oz) cans corn, undrained
1 lb. chicken, cooked and chopped
3/4 c. ham, diced
1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
1 (2-oz.) jar pimentos
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 T. curry 

Place potatoes in a 6-8 quart size pot and fill with water until potatoes are covered. Bring to a boil. Allow to boil for 5-7 minutes on high heat. Turn heat down to medium and add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Pin It!

No comments: