Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

April 5, 2011

Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots


I really hesitate to post this. Is this a "no-duh" recipe? Or was it just super common in my family growing up? This is the only way we'd eat carrots. I love it! Sometimes my mom would add about 1 T. of orange juice concentrate for a tangy version. Yum!

I'll post it for a few reasons:

1) Even though it may seem like a no-brainer recipe to me, maybe it's new to you!
2) I love it.
3) It goes wonderfully with the chicken cordon bleu I just posted.

Enjoy!


{BROWN SUGAR GLAZED CARROTS}
2 c. sliced carrots
2 T. butter
1/3 c. brown sugar
Dash of salt

Place carrots in medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring water to boil and then reduce to medium and cook until carrots are soft-tender (not mushy!), about 10-15 minutes. Drain water and gently stir in butter and brown sugar until mixed thoroughly and carrots are coated evenly. Serve immediately.
Note: You can add about 1 T. orange juice concentrate for a tangy version of this.

Pin It!

1 comment:

The Oman Family said...

I have never heard of this before. I think my husband will love it- he lobes brown sugar anything! Thanks!!