Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

April 20, 2011

Apple & Pear Topped Chicken


Time for an embarrassing moment story. 

When I was getting married, I was at my family bridal shower. They were asking me questions as part of this "newly-wed" game to see how well me and my honey really knew each other. My sister-in-law asked me, "If you could be like anyone, who would it be?"

I quickly replied, "Rachael Ray."

My sister-in-law, whom I've known since I was 12 looked at me like, "You are such an idiot." And she said, "Um, I'm going to give you another try on that one."

Duh! Everyone knows my biggest hero is my sweet mother! She is my best girlfriend, and quite honestly the most angelic person I've ever known. I've been told this by others my entire life. And I couldn't agree more.

Luckily my fiance/husband knew me better than I knew myself in that moment. His answer was, "Oh, without a doubt, her mom."

Yes!


But with all that said, I still do like Rachael Ray. I think she's adorable. And this dish is from her. Thanks Rach! 

This dish is so simple yet very sophisticated. Definitely one you could serve to a special guest, like your angelic mother. Love you Mamasita!

Enjoy!


{APPLE & PEAR TOPPED CHICKEN}
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Black pepper
2 T. butter, cut into small pieces
1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice (I like Gala)
1 pear, peeled, cored and diced
1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 T. honey
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and cook until golden and firm, about 12 minutes, turning once. Place the chicken on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.

In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the apples and pears and season with salt and nutmeg. Stir in the lemon juice and cook for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender, then stir in the honey and cook for minute more.

Serve chicken with a generous serving of the apples and pears on top.
Pin It!

No comments: