Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

March 28, 2011

Whole Wheat Garlic Breadsticks


I decided to try a "healthy" version of breadsticks. They were good. However, the recipe made a ton. And these weren't the best the next day. So, I'd suggest either halving the recipe or inviting your whole street over to help you eat them.

I felt good after eating these. But I have to say that these are still my favorite breadstick. Pretty much deep fried in butter and topped with cheese? Of course they are! 

Enjoy!



{WHOLE WHEAT GARLIC BREADSTICKS}
1 T. dry yeast
1 T. honey
1 1/2 c. warm water
1 tsp. salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 3/4 c. flour
2 c. whole-wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Dissolve yeast and honey in water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in salt and egg with a whisk. Stir flour into water mixture, stirring until a stiff dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes). Shape dough into a log; divide log into 24 equal portions. Working with one portion at a time (cover remaining dough to prevent drying), gently roll each portion into a 6-inch rope. Place ropes on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Combine salt, garlic powder, basil and oregano in a small bowl. Spray ropes lightly with cooking spray; sprinkle with garlic mixture. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden.
Pin It!

No comments: