Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

March 9, 2011

Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake


Ok, truth be told. This is one of those "snooty" recipes, where it says you need to have the eggs, butter, and sour cream all at room temperature. And you have to mix everything in one at a time and in a certain order. So yes, it does take some close attention. But holy holy. We can't stop eating it. 

I know. I know. I often say things are "so delicious." What can I say? I love food. Hence, the "delicious" food blog. 

But this...

This is to die for, good. Enjoy!




{SNICKERDOODLE BUNDT CAKE}
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 c. white sugar

2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 c. white sugar
1 c. light brown sugar
3 eggs, at room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. sour cream, at room temperature

In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Mix together really well and set aside.

Preheat oven to 325. Generously spray a 9" Bundt pan with cooking spray. Make sure to spray the creases and the inner tube. Gently dust the entire inside of the pan, including the tube, with the sugar and cinnamon mixture (About 1/4-1/2 cup). Set the remaining sugar and cinnamon mixture aside.

In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

Beat the butter on medium speed for one minute. Add the white sugar and mix for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Scrape down the bowl and blade and add the brown sugar.

Mix for 2 minutes until the mixture looks light brown and uniform in color. Add the eggs one at a time, beating each for 1 full minute. Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream; beat well.

Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/3 of a cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture over top the cake. Spread the rest of the batter into the pan and sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over the top. 

Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack.

Pin It!

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

This looks SO good. Holy Holy! I can't wait to try it. Looking at it reminds me of that yummy amish bread that you have to have a starter for. Mmmm Mmmmm

Kim said...

I have this same recipe and I think between my Dad and Brett I got one tiny sliver of the thing. I love bundt cakes and who doesn't love when a cookie meets a cake? I haven't made it in a while you reminded me I want to do it again this time without my Dad and Brett around so I get some.