Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

March 24, 2011

Monte Cristo Sandwiches


The first time I had this was at an Irish Pub....in Texas. All these years I thought it was an Irish dish. So, as I was planning our St. Patty's day dinner last week, I thought I'd give these a shot. Turns out, through my research, it's actually a French thing. Which really Aly, think about the NAME. Duh. Monte Cristo? Ah well. We ended up having a FRENCH St. Patty's day. 

These are really so very tasty. And I think they'd be good for breakfast too! I've added them to our regulars list. Enjoy!


{MONTE CRISTO SANDWICHES}
Thick white bread (choose a bread that would be good for French toast)
Sliced ham
Sliced turkey
Swiss cheese, sliced
Mayo
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
Cranberry sauce (yes, I used canned)
Powdered Sugar

Spray skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat to 350 degrees. Prepare each sandwich with a little mayo, ham, turkey and swiss cheese. In a separate bowl mix egg and milk together. Dip each side of sandwich in egg/milk mixture and cook 3-4 minutes per side on griddle. {Think of making french toast, but sandwich style.} Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with cranberry sauce.
Pin It!

No comments: