Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

February 23, 2011

Hearty Brown Sugar & Pecan Oatmeal


I love my mom for so many reasons. She is my best girlfriend and my hero. I can't begin to explain how amazing she is. Everyone says they have the best mom. But, I'm really sorry to tell you that I really do. 

Another reason I love her is because she's always been an amazing cook! Plus, she's always trying new recipes and introducing me to healthy ideas. 

This is one of the latest. I spent the night at her house a few weeks ago. We had to get up early and of course she got up EVEN earlier to make oatmeal. I thought, "Ugh, oatmeal?" But then she started putting brown sugar, chopped pecans and milk in it! Oh man. It was so filling, healthy, and DELICIOUS! I keep eating it. I can't quite convince my son it's better than instant oatmeal yet. But we'll get there!

I know this is such a simple idea, but I hadn't thought of it and I LOVE it. So, I hope you will too! It's the perfect way to start your day! Enjoy!


{HEARTY BROWN SUGAR & PECAN OATMEAL}
Serving for 1(because that's what I make it for!)

1 c. water
Dash of salt
1/2 c. old fashioned oats
1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
1 T. pecans, chopped
Milk

In a small saucepan bring water and salt to a boil. Stir in oats and turn heat to medium. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let sit 2-3 minutes. Pour oatmeal into serving bowl. Top with brown sugar and pecans. Pour in milk to your liking (probably about 1/4 cup). 



Pin It!

No comments: