Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

February 21, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Soup


After the WHITE OUT we drove through the other night coming home from my parent's house, we really needed some soup for our souls. And after the KIND of week we had last week, we needed some KICK to pick us up. This soup was the solution. 

It is a little spicy for wee little ones. We just stirred in extra sour cream in our son's bowl to bring the heat down for him.

If you haven't noticed by now, we LOVE food at our house. Especially good for you, and good for your soul food like this. Enjoy!

{CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP}
1 lb. chicken, cooked and shredded
1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (10-oz) can red enchilada sauce
1 (4-oz) can chopped green chiles
1 (14.5-oz) can chicken broth
1 (15-oz) can whole kernel corn, undrained
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 c. water
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 bay leaf

Combine all ingredients in a greased crockpot. Cover and cook on low heat 8-10 hours, or on high 4-5 hours. Serve with shredded sharp cheddar, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.


Pin It!

No comments: