Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

December 16, 2010

Roasted Spiced Sweet Potatoes


I think sweet potatoes get a bad rap, at least in my family. We just assign someone to make sweet potatoes (or yams) for Thanksgiving just because that's what you're "supposed" to do. So, this year I got the assignment. I decided to try something different in hopes of reviving the joy of sweet potatoes in my family. I just wanted a good recipe for sweet potatoes. I think it worked! These were quite tasty. And they'd be a great compliment to any holiday meal you're making this season. They'd be amazing next to a Honey Ham. Oh yes. Enjoy!

{ROASTED SPICED SWEET POTATOES} 
4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling potatoes after cooked
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on a roasting tray. In a separate bowl, mix together oil, honey, sugar, and cinnamon.  Drizzle over the potatoes.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Roast for 25 to 30 minutes in oven or until tender. Take sweet potatoes out of the oven and transfer them to a serving platter. Drizzle with more extra-virgin olive oil.

Pin It!

No comments: