Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

December 10, 2010

Grandma's Legendary Caramel Popcorn



Legendary is what I call it. Addicting is what it was. And all in my belly, is where it is.

My Grandma was the closest thing to an angelic visitation I'll ever have in this life. She was the sweetest and most innocent person ever. And that woman knew how to cook. And this has to be my favorite one...her caramel popcorn.

I made some last night and I literally could not stop eating it! I think I ate most of the batch myself. Nope, I'm POSITIVE I ate most of the batch myself. It's that good.

I'm seriously a little hesitant to share the recipe. But it's too good NOT to share. And since she's the sweetest person to have ever lived, I'm sure she'll forgive me for posting it. So you better enjoy it!

{GRANDMA'S LEGENDARY CARAMEL POPCORN}
5 oz bag of pre-popped butter popcorn
1/2 c. margarine
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

In saucepan combine butter, sugar and corn syrup. Stir well and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and simmer stirring constantly until mixture comes to soft ball stage (232 degrees). My brothers are genius! They figured out this takes 10 minutes. So if you don't have a thermometer, just stir in a simmer for 10 minutes and you'll be good every time! Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over corn and mix in. Makes about 15 popcorn balls.

NOTE: I remember as a child rubbing my hands with shortening and then taking the popcorn out of the bowl to form into balls. It's a good little trick to keeping your hands less sticky. Enjoy!



Pin It!

No comments: