Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

December 27, 2010

Easy Chicken Curry


After eating all these holiday sweets, I'm ready for some "real" food again. This one is really easy and very good. I'm still looking for the "best" curry recipe that is potato based. If you have a perfect recipe, do share! Enjoy!

{EASY CHICKEN CURRY}
1 lb. chicken, cooked and shredded
1/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. apple, chopped
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 c. flour
2 tsp. curry
Salt  & Pepper
2 c. chicken broth
1 c. tomato juice (or 1/2 c. tomato sauce + 1/2 c. water)
1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
Cooked Jasmine Rice

Melt butter and add apple, onion, and garlic. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in flour, curry, salt and pepper. Add chicken broth, worcestershire sauce, and tomato juice. Cook and stir until thick. Add cooked chicken and heat through.

Toppings:
Raisins
Coconut, shredded
Sliced Almonds or peanuts
Pineapple tidbits

Serve curried chicken over bed of hot rice with any combination of toppings.


Pin It!

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

I made this tonight and it was fabulous. Thanks!