Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

November 24, 2010

Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting


These were DELICIOUS! I got the idea here. From a blog I love to follow. I made these for a bridal shower last weekend and people were absolutely raving about them. I actually made two kinds of cupcakes, but you'll just have to wait patiently for the other kind. Let's just say, "Chocolate dream!" 

Back to these little beauties. It may seem a little daunting to make these, but really it was pretty simple. And it was worth every second of prep. Plus, I think this is my new favorite recipe for cream cheese frosting. It's so delicious. 

The little flags on top were extremely simple too. I just made little diamond shapes and put the bride and groom's initials on them. Then I folded the diamond in half and glued it to a toothpick. Ta-DA! Thank you to my wise sister-in-law for the idea. I called her in a panic. She always gives me the best ideas.

Enjoy!

{CARAMEL PUMPKIN CUPCAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING}
1 french vanilla cake mix
1/3 c, vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 c. pumpkin puree 
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. milk
Caramel ice cream topping
Mix cake mix, oil, eggs, pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, and milk until smooth. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cupcakes cool. Then take melon baller (or teaspoon), and spoon out a little divot in the top (save the tops though!). Spoon in 1 teaspoon of the caramel topping and replace the divot. The caramel will soak through the cupcake and deliver caramel goodness throughout. Top with cream cheese frosting (recipe follows).

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cubes butter (8 T.), room temperature
1/2 T. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powder sugar
Cream the cheese and butter together on low speed with a mixer.  Scrape the bowl. Add lemon juice and vanilla. Mix together. Add powder sugar on low until incorporated.  Mix on med-high for 3 minutes to make the frosting a bit lighter. Chill for 1/2 hour to stiffing up before using. 
Pin It!

No comments: