Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

Have I mentioned how much my husband loves pumpkin? He claims he doesn't have anything that he can call his "favorite." Whether it be a favorite color, sport, friend, ice cream flavor, or meal. But I think I can safely say that pumpkin is is favorite flavor for desserts. Honey, I know you are wanting to refute this point as you read my post. But I stand by my claim.

So, if you're going to have pumpkin as your favorite dessert flavor, than these rolls will be your best friend. They are absolutely divine. I mean, I love cinnamon rolls and to add the pumpkin twist is GENIUS! Try it and tell me what you think. Enjoy!

{PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLLS}

1 pkg. yeast
¼ c. warm water
2 ¾ c. flour, divided
½ c. canned pumpkin
½ c. milk
¼ c. butter, melted
1 T. sugar
1 ¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. nutmeg

Dissolve yeast in warm water and let stand for 5 minutes. Add 2 c. flour, pumpkin, milk, butter, sugar, salt, and nutmeg. Beat until smooth. Knead dough about 10 minutes, adding remaining flour as needed to prevent dough from sticking to hands. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat. Cover and let rise until double in size. Punch dough down and let rest 5 minutes, then roll out into a 12x10 rectangle.

Streusel:
3 T. sugar
3 T. brown sugar
2 T. flour
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
2 T. butter, chilled, cut into small pieces

Combine sugars, flour, and cinnamon. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until well mixed. Sprinkle streusel on top of dough rectangle. Roll up and cut into 12 1” slices. Place in a 9” square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise another 25 minutes. Bake at 375° for 20
minutes or until golden brown.

Glaze:
¾ c. powdered sugar, sifted
1 T. hot water
¼ tsp. vanilla
Combine glaze ingredients with a whisk and drizzle over warm buns.



Pin It!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I cannot wait to try these! Pumpkin anything is my favorite too!!!

MaryAnn said...

Holy Smokes! These look amazing!