Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

September 8, 2010

Mommy Nap-time Cocktail

It was one of those Mommy days. I definitely realized I'm a mother to a 2-year-old. And he wants to do everything himself. But the problem is, he can't quite communicate about what he exactly wants to do. So there's a lot of screaming and kicking these day.

After I put him down for a nap. I needed a break. I came up with this fun little drink. Then I sat back, kicked my feet up, and watched some good old Judge Judy. No lie. 

I dedicate this to all the mothers out there who are trying to do the best for their children, and have realized they aren't perfect--neither are their children. But life is still so sweet and rewarding. And when those chubby little fingers wrap around yours and you get those slobbery kisses all over your cheek, you realize you just had your "Mommy Pay Day." So, drink up and ENJOY!

{MOMMY NAP TIME COCKTAIL aka FROZEN STRAWBERRY LEMONADE}
Serves one tired Mommy during naptime.
3 T. frozen lemonade concentrate
3 large strawberries (mine were frozen, but fresh are great too)
3 T. sugar 
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. ice

Blend all ingredients until thoroughly mixed. If you'd like to line your cup with sugar, just roll the edge of your class with a lime wedge, covering it in juice. Dab your glass in sugar until it sticks. Then, kick your feet up and enjoy.


 

Pin It!

No comments: