Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

August 18, 2010

Southwest Stuffed Sweet Potatoes


Now this is one where I need to be honest. I didn't love it. BUT WAIT!!! My husband really did. And I thought it was one of the most colorful and beautiful dishes I've made. I mean, look at it. Isn't that impressive? 

So, if you are one that LOVES sweet potatoes, you'll love this. I actually think I might like this particular one on regular ole' spud. But, I'm still sticking with sweet potatoes for fries. YUM! Enjoy.

{SOUTHWEST STUFFED SWEET POTATOES}

4 medium sweet potatoes, baked
Taco Filling:
1 T. oil
1 1/2 c. onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
1 pkg. taco seasoning (or you can do 1 T. chili powder, 1 T. ground cumin, 1 T. ground coriander)
1 (28-oz) can. crushed tomatoes
1 lb. ground beef
Salt & Pepper

Garnishes: Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, and a lime wedge.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onions about 5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic, jalapeno, and seasonings. Stir together. Add beef and cook about 5 minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes and cook 15 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated. Season generously with salt and pepper. 

To serve, peel the skin off the sweet potatoes and slice into 1 1/2 inch slices. On your plate, layer potato and taco filling. Top with garnishes.


Pin It!

No comments: