Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

August 26, 2010

Softy and Chewy Snickerdoodles


I'm picky when it comes to cookies. They have to be plump, chewy, and moist. I remember in college, I really went through a cookie slump. I don't know what it was, I couldn't make cookies to save my life. Plus, I always left the oven on afterward on accident. I was a great roommate.

Since then, I've worked really hard to find EXCELLENT cookie recipes. Especially for the classics, like snickerdoodles. I have to say, this is pretty darn near perfect. I love it. Save this for your classics. 

Enjoy!

{SOFT AND CHEWY SNICKERDOODLES}

1 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2  3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. salt
3 T. Sugar & 2 tsp. cinnamon, combined

In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening, sugar and eggs until light and creamy. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Combine with creamy mixture. Roll dough into large marble sized balls and roll into cinnamon/sugar mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.


Pin It!

No comments: