Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

August 16, 2010

Smothered Garden Veggie Pasta


This is so beautiful with all the garden fresh veggies. And like I've mentioned before, I realize that not everyone has a garden with fresh veggies to pick from. But you can still make a beautiful pasta dish with your favorite veggies from a farmer's market or your local store. Or just come to my house. We have tomatoes coming out our ears!

This was so simple and hit the spot. This actually would taste wonderful with wheat pasta too! Enjoy!

{SMOTHERED GARDEN VEGGIE PASTA}
1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
1 c. yellow squash, sliced
1 c. zucchini, sliced
1/2 c. green onions, sliced
16-oz pkg. egg noodles, cooked al dente

White Sauce:
2 T. butter
2 T. flour
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 c. milk
1/4 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
Dash of nutmeg
2 c. Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded

Melt butter in a large pot or frying pan. Mix in garlic. Sprinkle flour over top and combine into garlic butter. Whisk in milk and seasonings. Stir until thickened. Sprinkle cheese and mix into white sauce until melted and thoroughly incorporated into sauce.

Spray a 9x13 casserole dish. Spread cooked noodles in the bottom. Sprinkle fresh veggies over pasta. Pour white sauce over all and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until casserole is bubbling.

Pin It!

No comments: