Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

August 23, 2010

Perfect Sweet and Sour Sauce


I found this recipe when I was in my whole, "I can make ANYTHING from scratch" phase. Which really, I go in and out of that "phase" a lot. But this was the FIRST round. You know after I had the pita pocket epiphany?

Anyway, when I saw this recipe, I thought, "Now that can't be right. Is that all that goes in this?"

And then I started making it and I really got worried about this runny red sauce that was sitting on my stove. But sure enough, after a while it began to fill the house with the scent of sweet and sour goodness. It really tastes divine. It's perfect. Don't waste your money on those bottled versions...this is all you need.

I like to smother this on breaded chicken tenderloins. And the other night I bathed our leftover orange chicken in it. It was FABULOUS! I'll have to post the orange chicken another day. But look how yummy it was. Is your mouth watering yet? Oh, and do I even need to mention that this is to die for along side my ham fried rice? Yes, yes it is. Enjoy!


{SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE}

1 c. catsup
1 c. water
1 c. white sugar
1 c. white vinegar

Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour until thickened.

For more ideas with sweet and sour sauce:
Sweet-and-Sour Sauce on Foodista
Pin It!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I followed you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this sweet and sour sauce widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes for sweet and sour sauce,Thanks!

Alpharoid said...

Thank you, this is perfect indeed. On my second run I added 2 tsp. pepper sauce and it was worth it. :)

Hannah- Art.Paper.Scissors.Glue! said...

We make this in the Philippines all the time.. to help quicken the thickening wait, we mix in some cornstarch that's been dissolved in water : )