Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

August 25, 2010

Peasant Rolls


This is a branch off my favorite bread. It is just SO simple to make and I love the texture of it. It's a little crunchy on the outside and a dense goodness on the inside. So, I decided to morph the bread into rolls. SUCCESS! It tasted PERFECT with my fresh apricot jam. Pure bliss. 

Enjoy!

{PEASANT ROLLS}
Makes 1 dozen
1 pkg. yeast
2 c. warm water
1 T. sugar
2 tsp. salt
4 c. flour
Cornmeal
Butter, melted

Place yeast, water, sugar, and salt in a warm bowl and stir until dissolved. Add flour and stir until blended. Do not knead. Cover and let rise one hour until doubled in size. Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray and sprinkle with corn meal. Flour hands, remove dough from the bowl and divide evenly into muffin tins. Let rise an additional hour. Brush the tops with melted butter and bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375° and cook an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and brush again with butter. Serve warm.

Pin It!

No comments: