Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

August 4, 2010

Fiesta Rice


That's right, TWO posts this week that begin with FiEsTa! Obviously we had a Fiesta night and served this rice with the Fiesta Lime Chicken. I'm sorry you missed it. You'll just have to make it for yourself. You'll love it! 

I had a version of this rice at my Aunt's house, years ago. But I couldn't find the recipe, so I just made my own. It tasted GREAT with the sauce that went with the Fiesta Lime Chicken.

Enjoy!

{FIESTA RICE}
2 c. uncooked basmati rice
3 1/2 c. chicken broth
1 c. carrots, shredded
1/2 c. onion, chopped
3/4 c. corn
Zest & juice from one lime
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic salt

In a large skillet, cook the carrots, onions and corn for about 5 minutes until translucent. In a large rice cooker, combine rice, broth, and vegetable mixture. Cook until cycle is completed. Season cooked rice with the lime zest, juice, and seasonings. Serve.

Pin It!

No comments: