Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

August 11, 2010

Classic Chicken Cacciatore

This was so yummy. It seemed exactly like what you'd eat if you dropped in to visit your Italian grandmother. Sigh, I wish I had an Italian grandmother next door, who would cook for me each and every night. 

Since I don't, here's my version. And it's...you guessed it...DE-licious. Enjoy.

{CLASSIC CHICKEN CACCIATORE}
2 T. olive oil
1 lb. chicken, cooked & shredded
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
8-oz. pkg. mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1 T. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
2 (14-oz.) cans fire-roasted tomatoes, diced
14-oz jar Italian pasta sauce with vegetables

6-oz. pkg broad egg noodles, cooked al dente (no mushy stuff, please)
Parmesan cheese, grated
Heat olive oil in a large fry pan. Add onion, pepper, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook until vegetables are softened. Add chicken. Season with oregano, basil, and parsley. Add tomatoes and pasta sauce and mix together. Serve over noodles and garnish with parmesan cheese.


Pin It!

No comments: