Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

August 20, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

We should all have zucchini coming out our noses by now, right? And what do you do with this obscure vegetable? Well, I actually have a few ideas. One being the most perfect zucchini bread. But here's another idea...turn that green vegetable into a CHOCOLATE CAKE! Great idea, right? The zucchini in this cake makes it so soft and moist. And the chocolate chips and nuts on top are just wonderful. 

Enjoy!

{CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE}
1/2 c. margarine
1/2 c. oil
1 2/3 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 c. zucchini, shredded
1 (6-oz) bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat margarine, oil, and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until well blended. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Stir in margarine mixture, then add buttermilk and zucchini. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan. Sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips on top.Bake for 55 minutes.


Pin It!

2 comments:

Megs said...

wha?? This looks utterly DELIGHTFUL!! I will definitely be trying this recipe out later!! Thank you, you domestic godess, you! ;0)

Ryan and Alicia said...

Seriously, I had no idea this kind of dessert would be so easy to make. I loved it too!