Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

August 17, 2010

Chocolate Coconut Rice Krispie Treats


I have always had a weakness for rice krispie treats. I love the original. I love scotcharoos (I'll have to post that someday soon!). I love rice krispies make with Fruity Pebbles. I just love them.

And then it occurred to me last time I was making them...I can ADD to these. So I simply added chocolate chips and coconut. WOW! Success! Of course they are a little messy for young hands with the melted chocolate. But who cares?! They're awesome. Enjoy!

{CHOCOLATE COCONUT RICE KRISPIE TREATS}
1/4 c. margarine or butter
1 pkg. (10.5-oz) marshmallows
5 c. rice krispies cereal
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. coconut

Melt margarine or butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal (the original recipe calls for 6 cups of cereal but I do less, because I like them gooey...so just eye-ball it), chocolate chips and coconut. Stir until all combined and press into greased 9x13 pan.  


 

Pin It!

No comments: