Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

July 19, 2010

Zuppa Toscana Soup


I USED to order this every time I went to Olive Garden. I don't anymore, because I actually think this recipe tastes even better! It is so delicious. Try it with these, and you'll be in heaven. And you could even go one-step farther and buy Olive Garden's salad dressing in a bottle and do a copy cat of their salad, which is easy: lettuce, tomato, onion, olives, and Parmesan cheese. 

You'll never have to eat out again....except on "those" days. You know the ones where you didn't sleep a wink the night before. It's 4:00pm and you still haven't gotten dressed or done your hair. Your baby is running around in just a diaper, toys are scattered all around the floor.  You look like a mess and you feel like a mess. I mean, I never have days like that. :) I'm just saying...hypothetically...IF you have a day like that, yea, just don't bother cooking.
Enjoy!




{ZUPPA TOSCANA SOUP}
1 lb spicy Italian sausage, crumbled
½ lb smoked bacon, chopped
1 qt. water
2 (14.5-oz.) cans chicken broth (3 2/3 c.)
2 lg russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and cubed
2 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
1 med. onion, peeled, chopped
2 c. chopped kale or swiss chard
1 c. heavy whipping cream
Salt & pepper to taste

In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage, breaking into small pieces; set aside. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown bacon, drain and set aside. Place water, broth, potatoes, garlic and onion in a pot; simmer over medium heat until tender. Add sausage and bacon to pot; simmer for 10 minutes. Add kale and cream to pot; season with salt and pepper; heat through.


Pin It!

No comments: