Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

July 20, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries & the ULTIMATE Fry Sauce


Dear Sweet Potato,

I used to not care for you. I only associated you with mushy Thanksgiving side dishes, topped with marshmallows. And I'm sorry, but that's just wrong. I want to let you know that I've changed my mind. So much, in fact, I think I might prefer you over your cousin Regular Spud. I mean, you're healthier AND you're kinda sweet. Plus, let's be honest, your fries are DELICIOUS

My apologies. 

-Me

You'll love these fries. And you'll love the fry sauce even more. I realize that by posting a recipe for "fry sauce," I automatically reveal which state I live in. It's a very regional thing. But, if you are one that has never heard of, nor tried fry sauce. You're in luck, because this recipe is THE BEST! Enjoy!

{SWEET POTATO FRIES & THE ULTIMATE FRY SAUCE}
1 lg. Sweet Potato
Olive Oil
Salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel the sweet potato. Cut into french fry size slices. However thick or thin you prefer. Place on cookie sheet and drizzle olive oil over all. Sprinkle with salt and toss fries, making sure all fries are covered in oil and salt. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, tossing fries half-way through. Turn the oven to broil and place fries on top rack. Broil for 5-10 minutes, or until fries are crispy. 

{ULTIMATE FRY SAUCE}
1 c. mayo
2/3 c. ketchup
1/4 c. BBQ sauce
1 T. mustard
1/8 tsp. hot sauce

Mix and serve with fries.


Pin It!

No comments: