Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

July 30, 2010

Hawaiian Dream Homemade Ice Cream

Wow, this week has been FAN-tastic. I've posted so many of my favorite dishes. We should all be fat and happy by now. But if by some chance you're still feeling hungry. I have the solution. 

Hawaiian Dream Ice Cream.

It is OFFICIALLY my favorite ice cream. The flavor and texture is to die for. Literally. If I was allowed one final meal, this would be it. Just the ice cream. Okay, maybe I'm getting a little dramatic. But you get the point.

Not only does it taste amazing when it's fresh out of the churn, but the leftovers freeze extremely well. It doesn't turn into a hard brick, like other homemade ice creams. 

And just a little note about ice-cream freezers. I am a fan of the rock salt and ice kind. I think the kinds that you put the canister in the freezer 12 hours prior to ice cream time, just don't do the trick. Does anyone have any professional product advise concerning ice-cream freezers?

In any case, you have got to try this recipe. This is a family original recipe from my husband's grandmother. 
Enjoy!

{HAWAIIAN DREAM ICE CREAM}

Mix in 4-quart freezer: 
2 ½ c. sugar
1 can frozen Hawaiian punch (this can be hard to find now-days. I found a knock-off brand that was "Paradise Punch" and it did the trick)
1 can frozen orange juice
½ can frozen lemonade
1 large can pineapple, crushed
3-4 mashed bananas
1 can evaporated milk
½ pt. whipping cream (yes, you only need a 1/2 pint!)
1 T. vanilla
Milk to fill line (about 3 cups)

Mix all together and freeze in ice-cream freezer. 



Pin It!

No comments: