Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

July 14, 2010

Fresh Avocado & Tomato Egg Roll with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce

Wow, you think the title is a mouth-full, just wait until you try these puppies. YUM!

When I first got this recipe, it called for sun-dried tomatoes. When I was at the store looking for them, I was floored at how much they could charge for such a small item. So, I decided fresh is better, anyway. Right? Right.

Let me also touch on the DELICIOUS honey mustard sauce. It's gooood. We love to use it on steamed asparagus too. Oh my, oh my. Yum! Enjoy!

I don't usually post step-by-step picture instructions, but I figured it may be helpful with this one.


{FRESH AVOCADO & TOMATO EGG ROLLS WITH HONEY MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE 

2 large avocados, peeled, pitted, & dice
1 Roma tomato, chopped
2 T. red onion, minced
1 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ tsp. salt
Dash of lime juice (optional)
Egg roll wrappers

HONEY MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE *you can probably cut this in half and be fine, but I like having it on hand for sandwiches and other things that might come along.

½ c. prepared mustard
½ c. honey
¼ c. light corn syrup
¼ c. mayonnaise

These are the egg roll wrappers. In my store, they are by the refrigerated salad packages and dressings. You'll need to keep them refrigerated. By the way, I just noticed on the package that it says you can use them for crepes and lasagna? Hmm...ideas are flowing.


Gently stir together avocado, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt, and lime juice in a small bowl. 

Spoon filling evenly onto center of each egg roll wrapper. 


Position a wrapper so that a corner is pointing toward you; fold the side corners in to the center.

Fold the bottom corner up and roll to top. 


Wet the edges of the top corner with a little water and fold top corner over. Press to seal. 

Repeat with remaining wrappers.

Continue by deep-frying the egg rolls in 375 degree oil for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. One great way, I've learned to know when oil is ready for frying, is to put the handle of a wooden spoon in the pan of oil. If little bubbles scatter away from the spoon handle, it's ready. Be sure to rotate the egg rolls, so they are cooked on all sides. It happens fast!

Drain on paper towels.

Slice egg rolls diagonally across middle and drizzle with the honey mustard dipping sauce. 

Pin It!

No comments: