Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

June 22, 2010

Piña Colada


Virgin, that is. If you prefer a little "zip" to it, by all means add your own. I don't prefer it...and I know my toddler doesn't prefer it either. So we will pass. But this was SO very good. But then again I'm a sucker for anything tropical. It's a perfect summer refresher and I can only imagine how much better it would taste while lying by a pool. If you try that, PLEASE tell me how wonderful it was, so I can be jealous. I'm in the stage where pool visiting isn't so much about lounging as it is about chasing the floating alligator and balancing water wings. So, the next time I drink this Piña colada, it will most likely be after 8:30pm, when the house is quiet. But whenever you decide to drink this, just be sure to ENJOY!

{PINA COLADA}
2 c. canned pineapple juice
2 c. milk
1/3 c. sugar
3/4 tsp. coconut flavoring
2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)

Mix together and put one half in the freezer (for at least an hour). Put the rest in the refrigerator. Just before serving, combine and blend in the blender.

NOTE: I used pineapple juice from a can of crushed pineapple, which didn't QUITE equal 2 cups. So I poured some of the pineapple into the mixture, until it equaled 2 cups. After it was blended you could hardly tell there was crushed pineapple in it, but there was just enough for some yummy texture. 




Pin It!

No comments: