Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

June 18, 2010

Mama's Chicken Pasta Salad


This is the yummiest salad in the world! When I was pregnant and sicker than a dog, this was the absolutely ONLY thing I wanted to eat (ok, besides cheetos and grapes..healthy, I know). But I couldn't bring myself to make it, so my mom made a HUGE batch for me. My husband was so nice and let me eat the whole thing every day for the next week. It has always been a favorite of mine, and honestly it's one where I'm a little hesitant to share it with the world. But I will, so you better enjoy it!

Oh and be sure to read my life-changing tip at the bottom of this post. Amazing.

{MAMA'S CHICKEN PASTA SALAD}

4-6 chicken breasts, cooked, cooled and cubed
1 (15-oz.) can pineapple slices, drained and cut into smaller pieces (a little smaller than tidbits)
1-2 c, diced celery
2 c. shell pasta (shell is the original recipe, but I like bowtie too)
2 c. grapes, sliced (see my life-changing tip below to help simplify cutting grapes)

Dressing: 
1/3 c. mayonnaise (this is approximate, do it to your taste)
3 T. milk  
1-2 T. Sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
 -OR-
Cole Slaw Salad Dressing


Put all the salad ingredients together into a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients (unless you're using the cole slaw salad dressing). Mix dressing into salad and season to your taste. You can serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator for an hour or so. It's better after it sits. But if you let it sit, you'll need to stir it again before you serve.

Life Changing Tip for Cutting Grapes:
Once I tell you this, you're going to go, "Oooohh, yeah. Why didn't I figure this out on my own?" 

Get two "deli lids." I like to use the round lids that go on my Pyrex bowls. Choose 2 that are similar in size. Place the washed and separated grapes on one lid flat on the counter. Place the other lid on top and then slice your knife inbetween the two lids and ta-DA, all your grapes are cut. This also works for things like cherry tomatoes. 

Life changing, right? Love it!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Courtney Taylor said...

um, hello, how did I miss this tip? This is a GREAT tip for cutting grapes, olives too I bet. Thanks for the help