Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

June 9, 2010

Glazed Cheese Croissants


I made these for the first time yesterday and I have to admit, I was a little concerned as I was mixing it together. But they were actually really good. AND they were really simple. Do I say that about everything? Maybe I need to post harder recipes. Anyway, these are definitely better served warm. In fact, I think we gobbled them up within about 5 minutes. So, you may want to consider doubling the recipe. Enjoy!

{GLAZED CHEESE CROISSANTS}
1/2 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 c. small curd cottage cheese
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt

Sugar Glaze:
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 tsp. milk

In a medium bowl, combine butter, cottage cheese, flour and salt. Shape into 2 disks and wrap in plastic, refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a well floured surface, roll dough out to a 14-inch circle. Cut circle evenly into 8 triangles. Roll each triangle up, from wide end to tip, turning ends of roll in to form a crescent shape. Place croissants 3 inches apart on a baking sheet, bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack. Drizzle glaze over rolls. 
 
Pin It!

No comments: