Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

June 25, 2010

Banana Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting


Why hello banana sheet cake with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles on top. I think I'd like to eat you. Oh wait, that's right. I already did. And it was GOOOOD!!

The other night I had a BBQ with some of my all-time favorite people...my mom's family. And this is what I decided to bring for dessert. Of course, they're my aunts and uncles, so they have to be nice. But they said they really liked it. I know I loved it! And I'm pretty sure my husband did to, because he sure did hurry out of there without offering to send the left-overs home with anyone else. But, I didn't complain. 

You're going to love this cake. The sour cream makes it so moist. Oh man. I think I might need to make another batch. But just a warning, this makes a TON! Enjoy!

{BANANA SHEET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING}

1/2 c. butter, melted
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
3 bananas, mashed
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

Beat butter, sugar and eggs. Add sour cream, vanilla and bananas. Mix well. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients and then incorporate into the banana mixture. Spread batter into a greased and floured sheet pan (yes, I'm talking about your big cookie sheet). Bake at 300 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Cream Cheese Frosting
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. soft butter
3 c. powdered sugar

Beat all frosting ingredients together until you have creamy, dreamy frosting. 
Wait for the cake to cool completely and then spread frosting on top. And then of course you need to finish it with little chocolate sprinkles. The cake is better if you keep it cool.



Pin It!

2 comments:

Ryan and Alicia said...

Oh my Aly! This was divine. I made it last night for book club and it was a hit! I may be eating leftovers for breakfast for the rest of the week. Mmmmm!

Debbie M said...

Anxious to make this!! I have made the icing. I beat it a full 10 minutes till it truly is creamy dreamy!! I do add the whole eight ounce cream cheese as I like it a little less sweet. SO good!! Thanks for the cake recipe. No doubt will be perfect!