Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 7, 2010

Yummy Chewy Cream Cheese Brownie

Well if the title doesn't get you, maybe the picture will. And if the picture doesn't do it, then the actually thing really will. Those of you who use brownie mixes...SHAME ON YOU! This is so easy and it tastes SO much better. I like the cake-like brownies too. But this fudge brownie recipe is absolutely delicious!

Ready for my brownie history lesson? They think the first brownie was served in 1893 in Chicago of all places! It was served at a hotel for a Columbian Exposition. Columbian...hmm...doesn't that make you wonder what ELSE was in the brownies? I'm just sayin. Anyway, these brownies had an apricot glaze and walnuts. Doesn't that sound yummy? Maybe we'll have to try that someday. 

But for now, I think I'll be enjoying my yummy, chewy brownie and cream cheese frosting. In fact, I believe there is one left that I will go enjoy right now (this is perfect training food for my first triathlon tomorrow, right? Riiight.)

Enjoy!

BROWNIES 

½ c. melted butter
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
½ c. flour
1/3 c. cocoa
¼ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
½ c. nuts (opt.)

Blend butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs. Beat with wooden spoon.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually blend into egg
mixture. Bake in a 9 inch square pan at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes.

Cream Cheese Frosting: (this makes just a little too much frosting. But I'd rather have a little too much, than a little too little, right?)

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
3 T. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
Powdered sugar to consistency (hm, I didn't realize this was so vague...let's say around 2 cups, but add more or less to your liking).


Pin It!

1 comment:

Mariah said...

I absolutely love your blog.