Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 14, 2010

World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

Take a BIG sigh. It's Friday. We made it through the week. And now to celebrate, you should make the World's Best Chocolate Chip cookies. Yes, these are my "other" favorite cookies. 

The chocolate chip cookie was created by an ACCIDENT. That's the best accident I've ever heard of!  Ruth Wakefield created them in 1933 in the Toll House Inn in Whitman Massachusetts. She thought the chocolate chunks would melt in batter and turn into chocolate cookies. Little did she know! In any case, I think I'm moving to Massachusetts, since they've designated the chocolate chip as their state cookie. Good call!

It doesn't really matter where it originated, because I can tell you this is the PERFECTED recipe for chocolate chip cookies.  They are absolutely amazing. Try it...this weekend. No excuses. Enjoy!

Oh wait, a couple side notes about this recipe. This makes a TON of cookies. I usually half the recipe. Also, I usually  just bake a dozen or so and then I form the rest of the dough into cookie balls on a cookie sheet, and put it in the freezer. After they're frozen I pluck them off the sheet and put them in a freezer bag. Then whenever we want fresh cookies, we just cook a few for a couple minutes longer than the original cook time.

Oh! And another thing we like to do is make "skookies" with this dough. I spread the dough into our smallest frying pan to make one BIG cookie and then I cook it in the oven (make sure you have metal handles or you can wrap the handle with foil) and serve it with vanilla ice cream. Oh my word. You're going to love it!

WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
 
4 cubes butter
2 c. brown sugar
2 c. white sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3 c. instant oatmeal
2 bags chocolate chips
5-6 c. flour

Cream sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Beat half flour and oatmeal. Mix well. Add rest of ingredients and mix with a spoon. Drop in golf ball sized balls on lightly greased sheet. Mash slightly. Bake 400° 6-8 minutes.
Pin It!

1 comment:

melissa said...

So good! I realized that cooking them at 400 rather than the typical 350 prevented them from going as flat as my usual chocolate chip cookies do. Thanks for sharing!