Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 12, 2010

Tangy Ranch & Mustard Chicken with Roquefort Wedge Salad


You know when you go to the grocery store and those annoying coupons print out with your receipt? And then you hurry and stuff the wad of paper in your purse (or pocket, for you guys). Then they pile up and after a couple weeks you have a purse full of coupon/receipt balls? And usually they're just used to spit your gum into?

Maybe that's just me.

In any case, luckily I actually looked at one of those annoying print-outs last summer. I was stocking up on mustard and this recipe printed out. It's hands-down one of our favorite BBQ chicken recipes. I highly recommend this to you, especially as summer is quickly approaching.

And just because today is beautiful, and this meal is delicious. I'll give you a "twofer." Here's the recipe for a yummy wedge salad. Nothing can compliment the mustard chicken better, and it's EASY...I repeat EASY.

Go for it. Enjoy!

TANGY RANCH & MUSTARD CHICKEN

2/3 c. prepared Ranch salad dressing
1/3 c. prepared yellow mustard
¼ c. brown sugar
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Mix Ranch, mustard and sugar. Pour 2/3 c. mixture over chicken and marinate in fridge for 30 min – 3 hours. Grill chicken 15 minutes or until done. Serve chicken with remaining mixture.



ROQUEFORT WEDGE SALAD

1 head iceberg lettuce
½ c. Roquefort cheese, crumbled
1 c. olive oil, divided
1/3 c. white wine vinegar
1/3 c. lemon juice
2 tsp. sugar
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. garlic salt
¼ tsp. pepper
Garnish: chopped tomatoes, crisply cooked and crumbled bacon

Cut head of lettuce into quarters; set aside. Place cheese in a small bowl; gradually stir in ½ cup oil. Pour into a 1-pint jar. Add remaining ingredients; cover tightly and shake well. Chill for at least 1 hour; shake again before serving. Place 1 wedge of lettuce on each serving plate; drizzle with dressing. Garnish with tomatoes, bacon, if desired. Serves 4.


Pin It!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! You have the cutest blog ever...I can't wait to look around!

Anonymous said...

Waooo, I love it, Thankx for sharing with us...